AT&T Wireless has the refurbished Samsung A117 GoPhone (Pay As You Go) for Free with free shipping. The 800 mAh lithium Ion battery provides up to 10 days of standby and 5 hours of talk time.

  • Text messaging, Downloadable ringtones and images, Predictive text
  • Alarm clock and calculator, Keypad and LCD backlight control

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      robby69 Ben's cred: 2
      Posted 2:18 pm PDT 10/20/08

      After rebate... blech..
      Can get $20 back if you go thru moneyjar.com
      and then make $20 after rebate

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      Mcgriff Ben's cred: 20
      Posted 3:55 pm PDT 10/20/08

      you sück Ben, thanks for wasting my time
      stupid rebate

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      MuchoTumbao Ben's cred: 87
      Posted 4:14 pm PDT 10/20/08

      AT&T usually requires your phone to be active in order to qualify for a rebate, which may mean you'll have to buy airtime. All in all, not a great deal and definitely not a great phone company. You'd be much better off getting prepaid service from T-Mobile or Virgin Mobile

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      Mcgriff Ben's cred: 20
      Posted 4:36 pm PDT 10/20/08

      not true #3, yes the phone has to be active but you can switch out the sim card and use the phone on existing AT&T plan. So, you don't have to buy minutes.

      I personally just bought this no-frills phone two weeks ago....10 bucks no rebate.

      BTW, the rebate is a 20 dollar visa-type gift card.

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      njb Ben's cred: 283
      Posted 6:23 pm PDT 10/20/08

      i've read somewhere you need to buy at least $15-25 worth of airtime with go phones ordered online from att. no less than that. sometimes with airtime it's same as a brand new retail, so may not be worth it. it works with any att sim.

      the phone itself is a good backup phone but not for everyday use. i often hit the volume rocker when opening or closing. speaker/mic is ok, no complaints about sound quality.

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      MuchoTumbao Ben's cred: 87
      Posted 9:46 pm PDT 10/20/08

      Please note the use of the word may in my previous post, No. 4. And also note that AT&T may not be fooled by swapping out the SIM and using the phone with a postpaid plan. In fact, I suspect it's the SIM they're tracking and not the phone's serial number when considering whether the account's activated. Anyone who expects to try this system would be wise to check first to ensure they won't end up getting screwed out of their money. And be sure to take notes on the call in case of later troubles, as AT&T isn't known as being a particularly consumer-friendly company.

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      wokwithpda Ben's cred: 57
      Posted 12:50 am PDT 10/21/08

      #4 probably purchased them from BB. I did likewise. BB not only swiped my CC, the service lady carbon copied it. Maybe BB are sending it to AT&T. Who knows? I'll fight to the death if Ma Bell wants more cash. Nowhere in the sale receipt or the advertisement does it say that Ma Bell require me to register the SIM and use it.

      I stay clear of rebates over $15 dollars. Things are already cheap without rebates.(Cross my Fingers.)

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      Mcgriff Ben's cred: 20
      Posted 3:34 am PDT 10/21/08

      WTF, I bought this from AT&T for 10 bucks...refurbed two weeks ago.

      You don't have to buy minutes if you have a contracted plan with AT&T. Just switch the sims card out for the one you already have.

      Contractual sim card doesn't work (say you dropped it in water or even lost the phone altogether) go to an AT&t store and ask for a new one.

      So, you don't have to buy any minutes if you have a contract already with At&t

      I feel like I am repeating myself, àssholes

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      nick007 Ben's cred: 75
      Posted 11:17 am PDT 10/21/08

      #8....you may be wrong.if the rebate researcher tracks the sim connected to the esn....you won't get the rebate. If they are sloppy and only look that the esn is active....then you win.

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      MuchoTumbao Ben's cred: 87
      Posted 8:59 pm PDT 10/21/08

      Quote:
      Mcgriff wrote: WTF, I bought this from AT&T for 10 bucks...refurbed two weeks ago.

      You don't have to buy minutes if you have a contracted plan with AT&T. Just switch the sims card out for the one you already have.

      Contractual sim card doesn't work (say you dropped it in water or even lost the phone altogether) go to an AT&t store and ask for a new one.

      So, you don't have to buy any minutes if you have a contract already with At&t

      I feel like I am repeating myself, àssholes


      OK, first you say it works, and then you say it doesn't and that you have to go tell a tale to get a new SIM. And finally, after all this, you call other thread contributors "thumbplum." You're hardly coming off as the most credible source.

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      Mcgriff Ben's cred: 20
      Posted 3:06 am PDT 10/22/08

      did you read what I said #10. Do you want me to translate into spanish?

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      MuchoTumbao Ben's cred: 87
      Posted 2:53 pm PDT 10/22/08

      Did you read what you wrote, No. 11?

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      mccainwillwin Ben's cred: 59
      Posted 4:48 pm PDT 10/22/08

      MuchoTumbao wrote:
      Please note the use of the word may in my previous post, No. 4. And also note that AT&T may not be fooled by swapping out the SIM and using the phone with a postpaid plan. In fact, I suspect it's the SIM they're tracking and not the phone's serial number when considering whether the account's activated. Anyone who expects to try this system would be wise to check first to ensure they won't end up getting screwed out of their money. And be sure to take notes on the call in case of later troubles, as AT&T isn't known as being a particularly consumer-friendly company.


      QUit burp hawking AT&T's services on this site, you burp piece of Mexican baconnaise.

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      MuchoTumbao Ben's cred: 87
      Posted 1:51 am PDT 10/23/08

      Quote:
      mccainwillwin shrieked: QUit burp hawking AT&T's services on this site, you burp piece of Mexican baconnaise.


      I suggest you look up the word "hawking" or else reread what I wrote. Either you don't know the definition of the term or you haven't been paying attention to the comments I made.

      As for your ethnic slur, that just provides further evidence of your ignorance.

    • Was this useful?
      Voting ...
      0 0
      joeboosauce Ben's cred: 2
      Posted 7:51 am PDT 10/23/08

      mccainwillwin wrote:

      QUit burp hawking AT&T's services on this site, you burp piece of Mexican baconnaise.


      And who said McCain lackeys weren't racist? You should be banned. Shouldn't you be at your Klan meeting now? Go hide behind your sheet. We need to get rid of people like you (have no idea who would take you) and bring more people in. What are you like 80+ years old? From back during segregation?

    Already a member? Sign in below.

    Forgot Password?
    Sign in with Facebook

    Registration takes seconds! Once registered youll have members only access to:

    • Deal Alert email notifications
    • Giveaways for the hottest products
    • Newsletter for events and holiday promotions
    • Deal comments and discussions
    • The best deal community, ever
    or
    X Close

    The best deals, product reviews, and giveaway announcements emailed directly to you!

    Sign up now for the Ben's Bargains newsletter!

    Email address is not valid

    X Close

    Thanks! You can also register an account with us to be eligible for Giveaway Entries, Deal Alerts, and Comments.