Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powercolor PCS AX4670 1GBK3-P Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 Casecutter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Powercolor PCS AX4670 1GBK3-P Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Reply with quote

Well got one of these and installed it last night for a neighbors' teenager. He's paid me the $40 and tax.. I'm working the rebate, but he’s tossing in a little labor when I prune the trees in back.

To start off... the memory spec of this card is cut "overtly" down to 667Mhz (1334 Mhz effective). The original reference is 1000Mhz (2000Mhz effective) but those model disappeared early on. I understood that going in, and figured it was a fair trade off. I would've put him in a good GT240 DDR5, but those had risen to $55 and more often bigger rebate to gamble. While most all 4670’s never came "true" reference-spec more often came in at 1600Mhz effective, and those still command $60+. I considered a that P-C 5550 DDR3, but figuring the spec’s and better cooler it the better of the two. Plus he’ll be on Xp for a few more years there no real value to that direction for him.

It's a respectable quality card and build, they have screws/springs in at all 4 H/S positions, the H/S though not anything special appears to be plenty nice at shaving-off the heat. The fan and shroud not the most ductile material, it's nothing to nitpick about it pops off with a little screwdriver, but take care doing it.

He's had a 9500 GT DDR3 a nice EVGA, but it started to artifact, and freeze. I threw a X800 I had in the part pile a week back and it ran right off-the-bat on the Xp drivers, so he's been with that with no issues. Had already downloaded the Catalyst 10.9 drivers and had those on the desktop. First I uninstalled the Geforce drivers, ran Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com, then CCleaner and a re-started to see everything was still looking good then a shut-down. Changed out the cards and started the system and right then a check of the fan (cause it's that quite), all good. CCC went without a hic-up and reboot was all straight forward.

Now I always run a stability/stress test and watch the temperatures. It was at 75°F in the house and the
Sponsor
#1 Casecutter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebate sent Oct 1st and the check showed Nov 16th...
#2 kennychan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have one powercolor product,not 4670, it is 4850

and i have one galaxy vga card, 8800gt

i am thinking, when should i update them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: