Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer Quality?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 Hugo40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Acer Quality? Reply with quote

Topic moved from Reviews forum.

- Forum_Admin

Looking at the Acer AX3810-U1802. Seems to be a good deal but I have noticed some questions on the quality and support. Any experience with the forum members with this company?
Sponsor
#1 buybetterbargains

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry,
i have no idea about acer as that not my brand of choice..though some of my friends are using acer.. it seems that there is no such good features like other lap tops...
#2 jenny5050

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Acer Quality? Reply with quote

Hugo40 wrote:

- Forum_Admin

Looking at the Acer AX3810-U1802. Seems to be a good deal but I have noticed some questions on the quality and support. Any experience with the forum members with this company?

I've never had great Acer products
#3 Justin220

oink
oink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's famous, but I haven't used it before. I'm now using dell, it's OK
#4 greeeen

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll rate it as average.. not too good but not bad. It's good for general use. I don't really have one but my aunt has one, which I've used.
#5 dave_c

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acer are generally good value for the money but a couple things offset that.

1) Being baconseekers on a bargain 'site, we come across many brands discounted so value per $ depends more on what you want and what deal you find.

2) Netbooks dropped the price levels and features enough that you have to look at a design and feature set closer to your needs rather than who made it.

When talking OEM equipment it is also hard to directly equate because some are proprietary designs to reduce size. Some people like this and others would take a larger more standardized system and yet most OEMs offer both the shrunken and full mATX or ATX sized systems so sometimes it is comparing apples and oranges if you don't have access to their full product lines to make a more direct comparison.

Having written this much, my full sized Acer Laptop still runs fine at 4 1/2 years old... but being a 17" I only take it along on longer trips as I prefer something in a smaller form-factor for regular use.
#6 susannah

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Acer Quality? Reply with quote

Hugo40 wrote:

- Forum_Admin

Acer. a kind of famous computer brand. i haven't hear much about the questions on its quality and support . well. my friends and i much keen on dell computer . so i don't have much ideas about Acer. BTW. i am new here on this web. nice to see u and hope u get what u want.
#7 mathewstuart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: accer is good Reply with quote

accer Integrated Intel X4500 graphics make the most of your visual experience with stunning visuals, beautiful video playback, and excellent mainstream gaming performance. but you decide that is it acceptable for you...
#8 Guppy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one.. Its a nice little computer but its not my main computer
#9 autolupin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an Acer/ E Machine last Black Friday. It seems fine for my needs and the price.
#10 mwend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Acer works fine by me Reply with quote

I've had a Acer 20" LCD Widescreen, for a few years now. No troubles at all everything works as it should. A month ago I purchased an Acer 10.1" netbook with the AMD K125 processor. I put a 2.0 GB RAM stick (GSkill) in it and it rocks. Its much easier to work with than my Dell Studio 17" laptop for basic stuff. Acer works for me. I've never had to call for support though.
#11 nomorerack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we had an acer desk top and lap top before its performing good but i hate their customer service when our desk top is acting weird and we had it check up in their repair center i had come back after a week and when i did come back for the desk top it had more problems,..
#12 origin010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother has an acer, the build of it is nice but the material is cheap and flimsy, it catches scratches easily.
#13 barginn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acer is pretty good
in my opinion, its the same thing as dell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: