Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I'm cancelling my Comcast in late July 2011

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 ablang

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Why I'm cancelling my Comcast in late July 2011 Reply with quote

I was auditing my bills and it turns out that I have gotten overcharged in June & July of 2010. The price of my basic cable + HSI before that was about $70 a month but in those two months spiked to $109 & $114, respectively. I got on the phone today expecting to be able to get a refund or future credit. No such luck. It was explained to me that during June 2010 my promo period had ended, so the cost went to the regular price. Somehow after July my monthly rate went to $54 a month downgrading to basic basic cable + HSI. It was explained to me that I am on a 12-month internet promotion period which will end on July 29, 2010 for $35, plus taxes, fees blah blah (so $54 total). She says after that, my rate will jump to only $10 (yeah like I'll believe that when I see it). I'll bet it jumps to almost double my total price.

If Comcast thinks I'm going to let my promo period expire and wait for the upcoming price spike, they got another thing coming. I may live in an area that only has Frontier (no AT&T, Verizon, SureWest, etc) but Clear 4G has just moved in on Oct 2010 and I'm willing to give them a shot. I just hope it works w/ OOMA so I can maintain my VOIP. I'm going to give Clear 4G a shot. It couldn't be worst than Comcast. At least I can lock in for a long 2 year period w/o the price changing during that time.

The amazing thing is that Comcast believes they are doing us a favor by giving us these promo periods (3, 6 or 12 months long), but these unpredictable price spikes afterwards can get CRAZY.
Sponsor
#1 zzyzx

Location: On Patrol in Dave's Tactical Neighborhood Toilet Papering Squad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write to Al Gore and complain. He invented the Internet.
#2 BlueSkyAlex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue a few months ago. Sometimes you can ask if they can put you back on a promo plan, and they will. I've done it twice before using their online customer service, but the more recent time, the person I was chatting with wouldn't do it, so I cancelled service. I was still getting local channels from Comcast for free until only about 4 days ago, when the service I was getting went all digital. Now I plan to get this antenna from Amazon.

I can't post links yet, but if you go to Amazon and search for "RCA ANT751R Outdoor Antenna Optimized for Digital Reception" you'll see which one I'm talking about.

$45.21, has good reviews and can be installed in the house. I'll only get local channels, but that's all I watch anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: