Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Received my TekSpree.com 3D Glasses.. what's the verdict?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 lbuddha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Received my TekSpree.com 3D Glasses.. what's the verdict? Reply with quote

Hey everyone - yesterday I asked if anyone had purchased any glasses from tekspree.com , and it seems that I was the first guinea pig. well, I had the glasses overnighted, and they just arrived. Via Fedex. The packaging was a bit of a turn-off as they arrived in a US Postal Service box. Common - buy real boxes!!

The glasses I purchased were LG 3D Glasses from here:
http://www.tekspree.com/categories/3D-Glasses/LG-3D-Glasses/

I bought the pack of 2, which was $113 - I used 2nd day Fedex Shipping for $14.95, but ended up receiving the goods overnight. No complaints here - it was a nice free upgrade.

I was a bit worried about these glasses working - I know that 3D Glasses have to be specifically calibrated to the 3D TV you are using. LG LCD and LG Plasma glasses don't always work interchangeably (it has something to do with the screen filter used in Plasma TV's , as I understand it).

I am not sure if these glasses are made by the same people that make the Xpand glasses - they look very similar to me. If anyone knows, please share.

Regarding the actual usage - the glasses worked as well as the LG OEM ones that I had. The price was pretty good for an aftermarket set, and would have been even cheaper if I bought a pack of 4. It would have been nice to see the site give you bulk pricing instead of just 1, 2 or 4 glasses (what if I just want 3? ? ). The glasses recharge via USB hookup (wall or computer) which is nifty - no watch battery to replace. They also come with a small bag to store them in, and some replacement nose pieces (not sure when those would come in handy).

Unlike OEM glasses, these have to be synched with the TV. When I found out about this, I was a little worried - I had visions of TV remote control codes (I hate programming universal remotes). But, synching the glasses was pretty easy. Just press
Sponsor
#1 paulgeorgewithpacer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a 3D glasses,I'll check it soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: