Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Do You Feel About Refurbs?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 BillyW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: How Do You Feel About Refurbs? Reply with quote

I am very cautious when buying new electronics that have been refurbished. I feel as though they are of lesser quality than other products that have been refurbished. Do you feel as though they are of lesser quality or that they will break more easily?
Sponsor
#1 dave_c

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ no, not necessarily. Some items may be more prone to breakage but you can search the web to find reports on failures and I mean failures for that make and model, not whether it's a refurb.

One issue is wear items like the battery if it has one built in, you may not save much if any money if you have to replace the battery soon after purchase. Another issue is cosmetic, was it scuffed up or otherwise worn. Another issue is warranty, is there a sufficient period of coverage.

Otherwise, if electronics are really refurbished instead of just sold as used and called refurbished, they can be a great value purchase. It helps a lot of the seller provides a grading system like "A", "B" or "C" condition with details on what conditions constitute each grade, but most refurbished products I've bought looked brand new or very nearly so.

The most important factor when buying refurbished is that the seller has good customer service so if there is an issue it will be taken care of properly and promptly.
#2 zzyzx

Location: On Patrol in Dave's Tactical Neighborhood Toilet Papering Squad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#0, your concern can be applied to ladies too. As you go though life, you are going to run into refurbished ladies that, for some reason, were thrown out like garbage by some other man in the past. You too should be careful when considering a refurbished lady that appears in good shape and at a bargain price but, on closer inspection, she my be of lesser quality or will break more easily then one that has not been used and may indicate that there is some sort of defect in her personality or behavior.

Good luck on your refurbished quest... If you like the idea, there's a bunch of single mothers, Dyson fans and vacuum cleaners that refurbished retailers would like to sell you.
#3 Bens_Admin

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic locked, wherever this is going true or not, it can't be good.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: