Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAULs TV - Received a damaged LG LED 3D SMART TV today 5-25-2012

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 ilikeurmom

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: PAULs TV - Received a damaged LG LED 3D SMART TV today 5-25-2012 Reply with quote

OK so I was one of the few that took the plunge an ordered a LG - 47LM6700 TV $999. The TV arrived on time by UPS, the box was intact however after turning it on, the screen had a huge dark spot on the right side. You cannot even image my disappointment. So I immediately called Paul's TV Customer Service and they asked me to send them pictures of the box, serial number, TV etc... they also gave me a 1800 number to call LG Customer Service so I can get a Transaction Claim Number..so.. I called and the LG rep wants to send a Tech to my house to inspect the damage... this is the part I don't like as the LG rep told me that the inspection is basically to make a decision whether to grant me the warranty or have me pay for the repairs??? WHAT? Right... I called Paul's TV right after my LG CS call and I told them that I wanted a REFUND or a new set sent to me ASAP. They told me to send them the pictures and that they are going to call me tomorrow. We'll see. Luckily I've purchased this TV with my MC debit card and MC offers a Purchase Assurance program up to $1000. I really hope I don't have to go through the hassle of filing this claim with MC, I am sure Paul's TV is going to help me out but I wanted to document my experience to you all just in case.....I will update soon.

Last edited by ilikeurmom on Thu May 31, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
#1 ilikeurmom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Received email.

"Thank you for contacting us about your order. I'm sorry about the damage to the TV but appreciate you taking the time to send us pictures. We have initiated a claim with UPS in regards to this damage and they will be sending driver out to pick up the TV to be return. They will make three attempts starting Tuesday, 5/29. If they are not successful in retrieving the TV on Tuesday, they will try again on Wednesday and Thursday. Please have the TV dis-assembled and packed in to the original packaging and ready to be picked up. Once we are able to confirm that the TV has been picked up, we will create a replacement order to be shipped to you.

You can cancel the LG technician visit as this product is damaged and not defective. The tech will not be able to assist with this. Again, I apologize for this situation and any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Paul's TV Customer Service
888-PAULS123"

So far I am impressed with their response time ... we'll see how this turns out...
#2 ilikeurmom

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE
5-29-2012 UPS came today and picked up the TV, immediately after I sent Paul's TV an email informing them that they have picked up the order and also send them the tracking number UPS gave me. Within minutes they reply back with a new order #. :) What can I say... I am impress so far.. we'll see how soon they ship the replacement order.
Will Update soon....
#3 dave_c

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update
#4 ilikeurmom

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE 5-31-2012

Received email from Paul's TV with a tracking # for the replacement TV, it is coming by UPS Ground again so it should take about a week to arrive.
I will report back once I receive the replacement TV order.
A complete review of Paul's TV Customer Service will follow after.
#5 ilikeurmom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE 6-5-12

Received the replacement TV today in perfect condition. Laughing I must say that I am really impressed with Paul's TV Customer Service and how they handle this situation.
#6 zzyzx

Location: On Patrol in Dave's Tactical Neighborhood Toilet Papering Squad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad this real life drama had a happy ending... But I'm kind'a sad it is over because this series was beginning to be one of my top favorite shows.

I mean it had all the ingredients of a great who done it.. Who damage the TV screen and why? Was it a conspiracy to dump a damage product on a poor and helpless consumer? Who was the mystery UPS man that delivered the TV and who was that guy watching the porch when the TV was delivered...

Oh well, I guess I'll have to switch back to watching Mexican wrestling on the UHF channels...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: