Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"User Name Change" request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 thebestpkever

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: "User Name Change" request Reply with quote

I hate my user name... I really wish BB had a feature that would allow us to request a username change.

I know some people might reply "Well just sign up for a new account". Just trying to save a lil' overhead for the forum.
Sponsor
#1 m0f0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, you do indeed have the worst user name ever. However, I regret to inform you that you are stuck with it. We will also delete any new user accounts that you create with the same IP address, so don't bother trying that.
#2 thebestpkever

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll just release/renew my IP, or just create a new account at work/canadian bacon-bucks/someone else's wifi. :|
#3 milf_hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try that, but the moment you log into your new account under your old IP address, it'll get flagged and promptly dealt with.
#4 thebestpkever

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if I wait 24 hours for my ISP's IP lease to expire, then I'll get a new one, and the old one will be back in the pool, which likely wouldn't be reissued to me since I'm in a large neighborhood.

Anyways, this was a "Feature Request" that was posted in a "Feature Request" forum. I would rather have gotten a more productive answer that pretty much "It ain't gonna happen and don't try to find a workaround".

According to the page below, user name change is a basic feature of phpBB and just needs to be enabled by an admin. No extra scripts/mods required.

http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/quickstart/quick_settings.php#quick_settings_boardfeatures
#5 nuisance

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed by forum Administrator
#6 milf_hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed by forum Administrator
#7 Apertopheworn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: "User Name Change" request Reply with quote

I found setUserAgent option in LIVE555 , however I dont know where in vlc or which file we can set it?
Apparently Windows Media Server is designed to only allow WMP to work with and will immediately reject VLC or any other application.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Report as spam Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: