Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google Chrome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 marryroy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Google Chrome Reply with quote

Currently i am using Google Chrome, and very much satisfied with its
performance. As per the article on internet Chrome is faster in processing the web page compare to Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox because it process JavaScript fast compare to other browser.
Sponsor
#1 stevey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've tried google chrome on few computers, however, experience had not been that pleasant.
I found google chrome displayed webpages incorrectly, where as Internet Explorer and Mozilla displayed just fine
i believe these pages are using php and javascript.

ii reported the pages to google thru their "report bug"... but, nothing heard

don't get me wrong, i love google, just think chrome needs some work
#2 rekonize

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Google Chrome Reply with quote

I'm an advocate of chrome as well. Its comparably secure and I find it to be MUCH faster than both firefox and IE. These are the two main factors I take into consideration when choosing a browser. Chrome has a much cleaner, streamlined look to it. Funky searchbars and toolbars are never implanted in it whenever you download some applications like in the other browsers. The startup screen shows your most visited websites, so I almost never have to type in an address. So easy!
#3 theonow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried Google Chrome, but it seems that it's constantly being put into Beta rather than having a stable release. Plus it seems like it's a memory hog due to the fact that every tab in the browser becomes a new process. I've come to like Firefox and Safari for Windows as a great browser.
#4 rekonize

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past few months, all updates for Chrome have been stable. No major security problems and only minor glitches. I admit Chrome used to crash pretty often a while back but this isn't a major issue anymore. Every once in a while, an error screen will appear saying "oops, chrome has crashed...", but doesn't actually crash. My chrome hasn't actually crashed in about 2 months.

You are correct that each tab is a separate process. This hogs MUCH less memory than Firefox's extensions. Chrome is faster than Firefox as well. So even if you have a Firefox installed naked(no memory hogging extensions), more tabs will still load faster in chrome than firefox. As far as I know, chrome doesn't hog enough memory to considerably affect loading memory-intensive applications, but an extension-heavy firefox sure does.

Don't get me wrong, I love firefox extensions as much as the next guy, and still use it, as it is definitely better suited for large downloads, reminders, etc... If you're high on customizability and features, yeah firefox is the way to go. But if you want a streamlined, fast, efficient browser, there's none better than Chrome at the moment.
#5 hoosteen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you guys have said, Chrome has improved some since its release.

I usually switch between Firefox and Chrome. Chrome is definitely faster overall, especially when it comes to loading media on sites like Facebook or Youtube. Firefox seems to be more loaded with features (like Adblock) so I haven't left it completely yet.
#6 Dirtman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan.. I like to update things like Flash the second it comes out, I dont want to have to wait for google's Chrome team to do it for me.
#7 shadoh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtman no offense but you have to understand whats under the hood of chrome, it is NOT firefox in the sense that you can install addons etc.. Chrome is so secure and runs so well because they have time to adjust the kernel of chrome to work more efficiently with the updates. unlike most M$ products its not new code on top of old code and patchwork quilt philosophy, they rework the code to be more efficient. Id prefer something to work well than work now! windows ME and windows vista both suffered this fate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: