Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Food for Thought...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 FamilyGuy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Food for Thought... Reply with quote

Senator Max Baucus unveiled his health-care reform bill that requires every single American to obtain health insurance. Let’s hope it works out as well as the law requiring everyone to have car insurance.
Sponsor
#1 Endive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with car insurance. I'm a good driver & take car of my car, and I can buy the minimum or as much coverage as I want.
#2 shubh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The President’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act protects health coverage for 7 million Americans who lose their jobs through a 65 percent COBRA subsidy to make coverage affordable. The 160 million Americans who get their coverage through their employer would stay with that insurance. Nearly everyone would be required to get insurance or face a penalty, and businesses would be required to provide coverage or contribute to its cost.
#3 sivartk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Food for Thought... Reply with quote

FamilyGuy wrote:
Senator Max Baucus unveiled his health-care reform bill that requires every single American to obtain health insurance. Let’s hope it works out as well as the law requiring everyone to have car insurance.

The only problem with making it required (and the car insurance analogy) is that if you don't want car insurance, you can live without a car. (Taxi's public transportation, etc).

Sell your car...gone...no longer required to buy insurance.

It is a little harder to get rid of your body and carry on a good life. What isn't mentioned is that you pay higher taxes at the end of the year if you didn't purchase required health care...even if you are independently wealthy and don't need it.
#4 goalistosave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think health insurance is more important than car insurance. I do hope that bill will work, when I'm still alive at least.. Laughing But, it would be good. It's hard to find proper health insurance nowadays
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: