Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please add a "Goto Page #" box or something similar to the bottom of the forum pages PLEAS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 Darkonus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Please add a "Goto Page #" box or something similar to the bottom of the forum pages PLEAS Reply with quote

Ben,
When threads are very long (as is the 7th anniversary thread) it gets to be a little pain in the a$$ to get to middle pages in the thread easily, especially since there are only a previous, next, and just several page numbers to choose from that are too spread out to be useful (example: "Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 Next"). Getting to page 20 just takes too long because of the many clicks it takes using your current forum design.

Besides showing "Previous", "Next", and several page numbers to choose from as jump points, please add a "Jump to Page #" box so we can just place a page number in there, press enter, and immediately get to that particular page in the thread.

Or better yet, make the already existing "Goto page" text part of the page indexing to be a quick link, so if that text is clicked it will open a little box where we can then enter a page #, press enter, and go to directly that page.

With the current forum setup, it just takes too many clicks to get where you want in long threads, and the only quick way was to just multiply the page number I wanted to get to by 15, then subtract 15 from that number, and then plug that number into the threads URL at the end.

So if I wanted to get to page 25 in the Anniversary thread, I would take (25*15) - 15 = 360. Now I plugged 360 into the end of the URL of the Anniversary thread text, then pasted it into my browser address bar, so it looked like this:
www.bensbargains.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10649&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=360

Then hitting enter takes me directly to page 25 of the thread without having to hit the next button repeatedly, or having to cycle up to it by hitting the "3" page quick link, then "6" page, then "9" page, etc.

I hope you can implement this feature into the forum, thanks.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: