Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 easyeric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: 2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker Reply with quote

My friend forwarded an email to receive 2-for-1 movie tickets to the Hurt Locker. It's through a site called flicketz.com I've never heard of it, but I was able to buy 2-for-1 movie tickets, so it seems like a pretty good deal.
Sponsor
#1 nuisance_es_gordo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker Reply with quote

Removed by forum Administrator
Report as spam
#2 easyeric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker Reply with quote

nuisance_es_gordo wrote:
easyeric wrote:
My friend forwarded an email to receive 2-for-1 movie tickets to the Hurt Locker. It's through a site called flicketz.com I've never heard of it, but I was able to buy 2-for-1 movie tickets, so it seems like a pretty good deal.

Let me guess - you work for this scam site. Go to hell.

Actually, I don't. But, it seems like you have a lot of angst for no reason. Lighten up. It's a rough economy and I've been affected greatly. All I was trying to do was share a good deal.
#3 nuisance_es_gordo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker Reply with quote

Report as spam
#4 easyeric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker Reply with quote

nuisance_es_gordo wrote:
easyeric wrote:
nuisance_es_gordo wrote:
easyeric wrote:

Let me guess - you work for this scam site. Go to hell.

Actually, I don't. But, it seems like you have a lot of angst for no reason. Lighten up. It's a rough economy and I've been affected greatly. All I was trying to do was share a good deal.

I found some things that are EVEN BETTER than this sell-your-email-address-and-charge-you-$10-in-service-fees SCAM called "flicketz".

They are called P2P, torrents, and USENET. ALL THE MOVIES YOU WANT FOR FREE! BEAT THAT YOU HOMO SPAMMER!

I don't know why I'm continuing to engage in a conversation with a bottom feeder like yourself. "HOMO SPAMMER?" Wow, original and full suppressed feelings....

Anyways for normal, educated people, I went and bought tickets, and was charged a service $1 fee for my purchase. I paid $12.50 for tickets that would've cost $24.50 normally.

Have a good day.
#5 deals_find

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuisance_es_gordo is right. Flicketz is a scam. I ordered 2 tickets from them and my local theater would not take them. They said there had been several people trying to use tickets bought from flicketz and it turns out that flicketz is SELLING FAKE TICKETS! Their tickets are not legit. Some google searching confirms it. I made some phone calls to my state's attorney general's office and they are opening an investigation. It is only a matter of time before this scam site is shut down.

Good members of Ben's, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF IF YOU BUY TICKETS FROM THESE SCAMMERS!

If you need to buy tickets online, use Fandango.com. At least they are legit.

#6 easyeric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deals_find wrote:
Nuisance_es_gordo is right. Flicketz is a scam. I ordered 2 tickets from them and my local theater would not take them. They said there had been several people trying to use tickets bought from flicketz and it turns out that flicketz is SELLING FAKE TICKETS! Their tickets are not legit. Some google searching confirms it. I made some phone calls to my state's attorney general's office and they are opening an investigation. It is only a matter of time before this scam site is shut down.

Good members of Ben's, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF IF YOU BUY TICKETS FROM THESE SCAMMERS!

If you need to buy tickets online, use Fandango.com. At least they are legit.

I didn't find it to be a scam and I didn't get ripped off. Flicketz didn't sell me tickets, movietickets.com did. When I went to Flicketz and clicked on BUY 2-for-1 Tickets, I was sent to movietickets.com. All of the transactions and my confirmation came through movietickets.com and not through Flicketz. So, how could your local theater not except tickets from movietickets.com? Mine did.
Are you saying that fandango is legit and movietickets.com is not?
#7 natty_ice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker Reply with quote

easyeric wrote:

I, too, have been scammed by this faggot scammer. I tried using tickets bought from flicketz.com, and nearly had the cops called on me for trying to pass off fake tickets. Asshole scammers..
#8 easyeric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-for-1 movie tickets for The Hurt Locker Reply with quote

natty_ice wrote:
easyeric wrote:

I, too, have been scammed by this faggot scammer. I tried using tickets bought from flicketz.com, and nearly had the cops called on me for trying to pass off fake tickets. Asshole scammers..

Wow is this website full of a bunch of homophobic bottom feeders. I guess that's the case when your name is Natty Ice. The tickets that I bought were through movietickets.com. Can you comprehend this? IF you're educated and want to buy half price movie tickets, then try flicketz.

Does this site have moderators? Jesus.
#9 CheezWhiz17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, flicketz is a scam. It is just a redirecting-scam for movietickets.com. All they do is get your email addres upfront (notice how you can't do anything on flicketz until you "sign up" first?) They get your email, then spam you. If you want to buy tickets, they just pass the info along to movietickets.com and collect a tiny fee. (YES, THEY ALSO SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS IS HOW THEY REALLY MAKE MONEY.)

Movietickets.com is legit. So why bother with fake redirect sites like flicketz?

If you need 2-for-1 movie ticket deals, go DIRECTLY to movietickets.com or Fandango.

AVOID SCAM SITES LIKE FLICKETZ.COM!

I'm going to pass this scam site flicketz along to my friend who works as an editor for consumerist.com (the biggest consumer news website on the internet). I know they will be happy to run an article about scam sites like flicketz.com and how they are nothing but email address resellers.

I'm also going to alert the moderator about this "easyeric" person spamming the forums.

Report as spam
#10 nuisance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#11 easyeric

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheezWhiz17 wrote:
Yes, flicketz is a scam. It is just a redirecting-scam for movietickets.com. All they do is get your email addres upfront (notice how you can't do anything on flicketz until you "sign up" first?) They get your email, then spam you. If you want to buy tickets, they just pass the info along to movietickets.com and collect a tiny fee. (YES, THEY ALSO SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS IS HOW THEY REALLY MAKE MONEY.)

Movietickets.com is legit. So why bother with fake redirect sites like flicketz?

If you need 2-for-1 movie ticket deals, go DIRECTLY to movietickets.com or Fandango.

AVOID SCAM SITES LIKE FLICKETZ.COM!

I'm going to pass this scam site flicketz along to my friend who works as an editor for consumerist.com (the biggest consumer news website on the internet). I know they will be happy to run an article about scam sites like flicketz.com and how they are nothing but email address resellers.

I'm also going to alert the moderator about this "easyeric" person spamming the forums.

Wow, I'm scared. I came on here to pass along a LEGIT deal, so who cares? All I know is, I am educated and understand how business works. When my friend sends me a deal that obviously is opportunity to save money I'll take it. I wonder if any of homophobic tough guys on this board actually tried flicketz out? BTW, if you knew anything, you'd understand that movietickets and fandango require your email address as well to make any purchase. It's called marketing, not spam. They want to send your more offers, to make more money.
#12 nuisance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#13 easyeric

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
Like I said, #11, all of the IDs attacking you are the same 2 people. This is what they do for fun, which should give you some idea of how sad and pathetic their lives really are. Don't bother trying to reason with them, because it's a skill they lack.

natty_ice = cheezwiz17 = slick_deals_is_better
nuisance_es_gordo = deals_find

They have plenty more IDs where those came from. HAHA! Looks like Ben already nixed the Slick Deals ID. Too funny.

Thanks for the heads up. I kind of figured as much.
#14 nuisance_es_gordo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report as spam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: