Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old threads can be removed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 buybetterbargains

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: old threads can be removed Reply with quote

why the old threads are still there. the threads can be cleared at some intervals. if so that will be easier to find updated and unexpired threads.

thank you Very Happy
Sponsor
#1 Bens_Admin

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are getting started on clearing out old threads.

However, topics are sorted by date so you can decide how far back in time to look at threads, and on the homepage the deals may have "Expired" in the top right corner of the pane when they have.
#2 lawnsprinkler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should leave the old threads up as an archive. There's a lot of funny posts on this site. It has a rich history that should be preserved. If I was running it and needed to delete old threads, I'd just delete the expired deals with no comments.
#3 Bens_Admin

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawnsprinkler wrote:
You should leave the old threads up as an archive. There's a lot of funny posts on this site. It has a rich history that should be preserved. If I was running it and needed to delete old threads, I'd just delete the expired deals with no comments.

Some topics will remain in the Off-topic forum, others will be moved to the Trash forum (many of them from more recent times already have been moved months ago). Very few end up being deleted, mostly those which are complained about and/or spammy in nature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: