Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

email notification
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 lburgguy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: email notification Reply with quote

Wow, I love this site. I don't even care that you are getting a commission off of every purchase (I hope you are for all your work). I keep checking for a particular item, pc2700 ddr, but is there a way that you could enter a keyword and get emailed when it's available??
Sponsor
#1 ustczhy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: email notification Reply with quote

[quote="lburgguy"]Wow, I love this site. I don't even care that you are getting a commission off of every purchase (I hope you are for all your work). I keep checking for a particular item, pc2700 ddr, but is there a way that you could enter a keyword and get emailed when it's available??[/quote]

up
#2 pchesels

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Email Notification Reply with quote

Yes, I would like to see this feature too simular to what fatbacon does by sending you and email everytime your keyword is in a post.

BEN!
#3 Darkonus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: email notification Reply with quote

lburgguy wrote:
Wow, I love this site. I don't even care that you are getting a commission off of every purchase (I hope you are for all your work). I keep checking for a particular item, pc2700 ddr, but is there a way that you could enter a keyword and get emailed when it's available??

In theory I like the idea and hope it could be made available, but IMO there would have to be some kind of extra filtering applied to the keyword somehow, otherwise you could end up with a sh*tload of emails actually unrelated to what you really wanted ... for example, could you imagine; You set up the keyword(s) PC2700 DDR for email notification from Ben's Bargains one day, and either get nothing for a few days ... or go away on vacation ... or for what-ever reason, you can't check your email too often or even forgot you set up a keyword notification ... in that time you forgot or couldn't check your email, PC2700 DDR is going on a fire sale everywhere and Ben's site gets flooded with PC2700 DDR updates, and/or there is a fire sale with multiple computer deals that have PC2700 DDR in their title or description ... could be an email nightmare when you finally get to checking that box that is now stuffed full of emails, many which aren't what you intended to receive, and maybe even exceeding your allocated email limitations!

Just make sure you don't use a work email address ... you might not have work for very long afterwards!

Though as I said earlier ... would be a great idea if it could be done reasonably and effectively, but IMO that would mean the ability to have some kind of extra checks/balances/flags set up to eliminate off-topic emails or too many emails; like category checking, so if you wanted memory and use the keywords PC2700 DDR, only actual memory deals would be emailed to you and computer deals involving [b:937b
#4 andrekw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more. I wish I would get emails for specific items (video cards, HDTV's, pillows, etc..). This one has my vote.
#5 m0f0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most burp stupid idea I've ever heard. *smirk*
#6 nuisance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed by forum Administrator

Last edited by nuisance on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
#7 milf_hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are you talking about?
#8 m0f0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#9 nuisance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#10 milf_hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#11 nuisance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#12 toddsucks2

oink
oink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bacon wrote:
milf_hunter wrote:
Can we get email notifications when bacon logs in? This way, we can get our children off the internet? Thanks.

Same lame comments from the guy who befriends proven bacons. Your friend posted pictures of naked little boys and you approved of it. So that makes you a moron AND a bacon accomplice. Whereas you have nothing to back your claim plus, as a witness, you're an accomplice bacon. This is not a joke, milf_hunter. What I'm saying actually happened and is visible on the forum. You and your friends are sick perverts.

Get a new act.

sincerely,
toddsucks
#13 nuisance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#14 encendio84

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Newsletter? Reply with quote

How about starting an optional newsletter with specific deals that are specific to the taste of the user.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: