Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JawBone Prime Wireless Bluetooth Headset
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 Wallace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: JawBone Prime Wireless Bluetooth Headset Reply with quote

Product: Jawbone Prime Bluetooth Headset
Manufacturer: Aliph
MSRP: $130
Lowest Historical Price: $64 History[/url]

Introduction
The original Jawbone Bluetooth headset from Aliph was a high-end device that enjoyed mass appeal due to its amazing Noise Assassin technology, and the Jawbone 2 managed to improve upon it by offering everything in a smaller sleeker package. Now we have the Jawbone Prime, which is the third iteration of this series of Bluetooth headsets and touts improved Noise Assassin technology – specifically in the area of wind noise. Like its predecessors, the Prime is a high-end headset with a price tag to match. Click through to see if the high price is justified.

Setup
A Jawbone just wouldn’t be a Jawbone if it didn’t come in an overly ostentatious package, and the Prime does not disappoint in that department. The Prime sits atop a holder much like how a statue or work of art may appear in a museum, and in fact the entire case almost seems like a glass museum display in miniature. Inside, you’ll find a USB charger with a wall adapter, several ear loops, ear buds, and the usual instruction booklets.

Design
The design of the Jawbone Prime is highly reminiscent of the Jawbone 2. It’s so reminiscent of the Jawbone 2 it looks exactly the same as the Jawbone 2 but with a slightly different cover and color options (Black, Green, Yellow, Red, and Violet). The Jawbone Prime has the same exact dimensions as the Jawbone 2 and even uses the same ear piece system as the Jawbone 2.

The few changes that were made to the headset include the pattern on the cover, the vertical line indentation that marks where the main talk button is, and the introduction of a new ear bud that eliminates the n
Sponsor
#1 TRB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

whhhhaa?
#2 bakerzdosen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

I've still found that the only headset I can use in my convertible with the top down is an Ety-com with a HUGE wind screen over the microphone. And even then, it ain't perfect. My JB2 works well enough with no wind though.
#3 thematrix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

are they giving away?
#4 chaboud

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

#2, try the Plantronics Voyager Pro. I was driving with the top on my car down (at about 55mph), and my dad thought I was at the office. It's not pretty, but it's so amazingly effective, it doesn't matter. I've had both the JB2 and JBPrime. Both sucked by miles compared to the Voyager Pro.
#5 cmcf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

Wind was indeed one of the very few issues I ever had with a jawbone... the other was that they're kinda ugly Wink

$130 feels steep. $64 sounds about right if it is really better than it's ancestors.
#6 GadgetGeek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

Wow, first time I've seen a full on review by Ben. Did he really write that? On the product itself, it is not going to win any slick factor contest, but sounds like it's pretty amazing.
#7 WangeR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

good review! I was just looking for a worthwhile review of the jawbone prime, this definitely does a really good job sizing it up.
#8 sillymackids

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

Good at $64 BS at over a $100 - the Planatronics are more comfortable and work as well. This is mostly marketing hype.
#9 hgernhardtjr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

My wife loves her Prime and much prefers it over other models she has had, feeling the Noise Assassin is extremely good — at least for her uses. However, we did have to get some fitted Jabra eargels for it to stay in her ear without the FLIMSY-AND-EASILY-BREAKABLE earloops. And I did have to get her a multi-color package of iridescent shell covers for $9 off the Bay so she could snap on a different color cover to match her clothing.
#10 hennesy80

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

I have the Jawbone II, not sure how good the Noise Assassin really works, but it does a fair enough job. Wind outside should be killed by the NA, but it's still there. My only complaint with Jawbone is the earloops (earhooks) are the worst design in the world. They break after a few days and cost a lot to replace.
#11 southpaw32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

Love my Jawbone 1 still! Great headsets!
#12 samiya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I make my bluetooth visibility last longer on my Razr V3 phone? It only lasts 60 seconds, so I can only transfer and recieve songs via bluetooth one at a time. Is there any way to make the Bluetooth visible for longer than one minute?
aconbay
affiliateelite
#13 Pleseawlrargy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: JawBone Prime Wireless Bluetooth Headset Reply with quote

which is the best bluetooth headset
for my S55? Ive tried the Nokia hdw-2 but
it has some problems :-
Thanx a lot

Maurizio - Italy
#14 bradbranch

oink
oink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Website Comment Reply with quote

Threw mine out the window, couldn’t touch to adjust placement in the ear without hanging up. Junk! Adjust the volume, cross your fingers that it doesn’t disconnect the call. Junk.

I really did through is out the window @ 60 miles and hour. I thought I would kill it first before I had an accident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: