Ben's Bargains Forum Index
< Back to Ben's Bargains
Ben's Bargains
Where ghetto dogs come for the lowdown on forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sansa E260

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#0 swing4thefence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Sansa E260 Reply with quote

This is a great mp3 player. Not quite an ipod killer, but I bought it from Buy.com for $40. I'd like to see someone buy an ipod 4gb for that.
The sound playback is great. It looks cool and there are actually a fair amount of accessories available for it. I even bought a clock radio that doubles as a speaker and docking station.

The one thing I do regret is that the device does not have any support for creating playlists on it. YOu have to make them in Windows Media Player.

Oh Well, At least I don't have to use Itunes.
Sponsor
#1 gkchu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a review on it as well, most of all it's great in that i can just simply drag and drop songs isntead of having to put them into itunes playlists.

pros:
- nice size, fits well in hand
- screen has clear picture and it and the wheel are the only things that really cause it to be slightly larger
- the fact that it is weighted is great, making it easy to find in my deep pockets
- design [aside from the wheel] of menus and overall functionality is quite intuitive
- expandable memory, i believe it is only with normal microSD, not with microSDHC [still waiting for my microSDHC to try it]

cons:
- the wheel at first seems like it would work like the ipod's, but it is slightly differrent, not a big issue, got used to it really quickly
- the screen cover [the clear plastic part] cracked after about a week or so... i don't remember doing anything that would have made it crack such as dropping it or anything.

overall: great if you're not looking to get the ipod nano or if you simply don't want to shell out big bucks for a mp3 player. also with expandable memory being cheap, your 2 or 4GB sansa can easily turn into a 6 or 8GB sansa. can be used right out of the box, but i would recommend letting it charge first. personally, i prefer letting it charge right from the wall instead of by the computer, but there's an accessory for that.
#2 awsimcock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget rhapsody integration! Great if you like subscripotion music services. I use that plus emusic for music I want to own...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ben's Bargains Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: