Next Gen Gaming Glut: Launch Titles, Price Drops and Release Dates
If you have been disconnected from the Internet today or simply busy working, you may have missed all the news out of the Gamescom 2013 conference. No worries, here’s a recap of the gaming glut of today’s announcements. Both Microsoft and Sony came out of the gate with launch titles for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Here’s a full list of titles with links to Amazon for pre-ordering:
Available for both consoles:
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (PS4 / Xbox One)
- Battlefield 4 (PS4 / Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4 / Xbox One)
- FIFA 14 (PS4 / Xbox One)
- Just Dance 2014 (PS4 / Xbox One)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS4 / Xbox One)
- Madden NFL 25 (PS4 / Xbox One)
- NBA 2K14 (PS4 / Xbox One)
- NBA LIVE 14 (PS4 / Xbox One)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (PS4 / Xbox One)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (PS4 / Xbox One)
- Watch Dogs (PS4 / Xbox One)
PlayStation 4 Exclusive:
Xbox One Exclusive:
- Crimson Dragon (Currently Unavailable)
- Dead Rising 3 (Amazon)
- Fighter Within (Amazon)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Amazon)
- Killer Instinct (Currently Unavailable)
- Lococycle (Currently Unavailable)
- Powerstar Golf (Currently Unavailable)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Amazon)
- Zoo Tycoon (Currently Unavailable)
Be aware that bundles will also be offered with the new consoles that may allow you to save a bit of money during November. November is also the month for the seasonal buy 2 get 1 free sale at Toys R Us, thus you could save money on launch titles assuming they are included within the promotion.
In addition, Sony announced a price reduction for the PlayStation Vita as well as the official launch date of the PS4 hardware (Friday, November 15th in North America). Microsoft has been silent on a launch date for the Xbox One, however it’s likely that the console will be released prior to Black Friday to take advantage of the start of the shopping season.
The base Wi-Fi version of the PlayStation Vita has dropped from $249.99 to $199.99 and the 3G version is being offered at an identical price at most retailers. In addition, you can find bundles like the Walking Dead bundle on Amazon for $199.99. There are other bundles available on Gamestop and other retailers for similar prices.
It’s possible that the price drop on the PlayStation Vita will stimulate more sales of the handheld gaming system, specifically to take advantage of the PS4 connectivity. When the PS4 launches, gamers will be able to play PS4 games remotely on the Vita, somewhat similar to the Wii U’s video screen controller. It’s also possible that Sony could announce a PS4 / Vita bundle prior to the November 15 launch of the new console.